For most of us, the Christmas season is special,
- a welcome time of the year.
But I ask myself the question, Why?
WHAT IS SO UNIQUE ABOUT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR!?
It is about the giving and receiving of gifts?
- Everyone seem to make an effort to give a gift to someone else
- No doubt receiving a gift is a pleasant experience.
- Giving a gift that brings joy to someone else
- is also a beautiful thing.
- All this shopping for gifts mean more sales for businesses
- which allows them
- to hand out bonuses to workers
- Even without increased revenues,
- Christmas is when businesses
- make positive gestures
- towards employees and the public.
Could it be the Bright and Warm Colors of the season?
- A lot of people put on
- red, green or gold or other
- bright and warm colors during this season.
- Many homes are decorated with multi colored Christmas lights
- on the outside
- and, with colorfully decorated ornaments
- on the inside including on Christmas trees.
- Many stores and businesses
- make dramatic and colorful window displays.
- On the inside, their products
- are also beautifully arranged with Christmas decorations.
- The streets, and city centers in many areas around the world
- are also impressively decorated.
- But the Christmas season is all this and more!
Could it be the Wonderful Sounds that fill the air?
- Lots of music and the sounds of bells and whistles
- fill the air during this season.
- Christmas Carols tell the wonderful story
- of the love of God and
- of peace and goodwill towards all men.
- The sounds of the Christmas season evokes nostalgia
- in the minds of adults
- about innocent childhood days as well as
- about simpler days and times;
- when they looked forward to
- Christmas gifts, toys, family, and fun.
- But the Christmas season
- is special for all this and more;
- more than just the sounds of love, joy, peace, and hope that fills the air!
Is it because of the Special Food we enjoy at this time of the year?
- Everyone goes out of their way to prepare special food and
- there is plenty of it
- there is also a large variety of it
- there is plenty of food and lots of variety
- But the Christmas season is special
- for more than lots of very fine food.
Is it the many celebrations, the events we get to attend?
- Parties among friends and families,
- nine lessons and carols;
- special concerts and
- sporting events etc.,
- are all mostly very nice experiences.
- Even without a party to go to,
- the streets have more people
- out and about,
- (shopping, dining, buying and selling, etc.
- not to forget the traffic);
- during the Christmas season
- giving a special ‘event’ type feeling.
- This is good but Christmas season is special for much more!
All of the above,
- each have a part to play
- in making the Christmas Season
- the giving and receiving of gifts,
- the bright and warm colors,
- the sounds,
- the special and very fine food,
- the celebrations and special events;
- combine to create a very powerful and positive vibe
- The season is special,
- because together
- they make it a season of GOOD WILL
- wherever Christmas is celebrated!
- (all of humanity, our families, our communities, our nation, our economies)
- need AT LEAST ONE SEASON OF GOOD WILL in each year!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU THE READER AND SUBSCRIBERS!
Please invite others to subscribe to this blog. Thank You!
In Developing Countries;
- it is easier to come up with gift ideas,
- (if you have the funds for it),
- there are many things that people need
- but do not have; indeed
- cooked food was the gift that
- my mother dispatched
- (through us children)
- to neighbors, extended family, and friends
- as a sign of good will at Christmas time;
- watches, shoes, garments, jewelry, dishes, sheets,
- pens, books, personal music player, TV, computers, toys, etc.
- are all also great gift ideas.
In affluent societies like in the Western World
- coming up with the perfect gift at Christmas
- can be a challenge;
- because most people use
- their regular incomes or
- credit cards to buy what they
- One option is to buy
- high-end gifts or
- exotic and rare versions
- (which can be very pricey)
- of things people use on a regular basis.
- Regular folks therefore have to work harder to give the perfect gift;
- here are a few suggestions of how to give the perfect gift.
The perfect gift takes time
- Start early, as early as September;
- listen to everyday conversations,
- listen to expressed desires and aspirations
- and make a note for gift ideas from those conversations.
The perfect gift may be an ‘experience’
- Gift ideas do not have to be ‘things‘
- they can be
- a vacation, cruises, concert, a trip to a destination
- museum/zoo visits or theme park rides, air fare, special trips;
- time off work, housekeeping, or baby sitting;
- an offer of cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping;
- scholarship, tuition contribution, tutoring,
- a special radio station/you-tube, blog post announcement, etc.
The perfect gift should be personalized, customized or handmade;
- an autographed book/ticket/music/fan wear,
- (from the author or composer, or admired person)
- monogrammed items:
- a person’s name, initials or special message,
- can be inscribed on
- silverware, bathroom set, plaque, musical instrument;
The perfect gift must fit the personality of the receiver
- Some people want big
- (the amount spent is impressive)
- others look for small details
- (how rare, how much effort, how much thoughtfulness!)
- Some people are visual
- others are action oriented, still
- others are moved by sound, etc.
- Some people like things, others like ‘experiences.’
- Some people want to keep up with their peers
- (they get gifts that are popular)
- others want to know that ‘they’ are unique
- (they get gifts just for them);
- How do you know what is the perfect gift?
- People usually give the type of gift
- that THEY like to receive;
- use that to guide your gift giving
- TO THEM!
- not the other way around
- do not give what you cherish
- (I once gifted a hat to my wife
- that she has never used;
- it was something I fancied for myself!)
The perfect gift may be what someone tells you they want
- They tell you directly or respond if/when you ask.
- Some apps make it easy to create a registry for gift requests.